Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Frank Layden

New Year Eve & New Year Day are my second least favorite "holidays" of the calendar month.  But being new toSalt Lake City, I thought I'd venture out.  Met over at Mel Led's house. Watched Dick Clark's (RIP) Rockin' Eve.  We watied for her friend Patrice.  We let & went up to Kneader's for warm drinks.  I got a rueben.

It was alright.  Pickle was the best part.

Next, party number one.  I walked in & the first thing that I said, "The odds are forever in my favor." There was at least 6 females to 1 male.  I enjoyed a few mocktales. Yes, I hear some of you grown.



 Delicious. 

The second party was a huge chruch thing.  Not as big as the church dance I went to 11 years ago in Long Beach to the day.  My cold was getting to me by this point.  I was ready to go home & to bed knowing I had towork in the morning.



I was loopy on cold medicine & mexican cocoa.  I did get some sexy pictures taken.  (Wink, Wink.)  That's it.  No kiss at midnight.  To shy to make that daring of move.  Funny story though, while standngin line to get our picture taken, a guy tells me he likes my Ray Bans.  I'm doped up & asked again.  "Ray Bans." Oh, duh, my glasses. He the begins to tell me how much he likes my coat & the buttons on it.  (Band Buttons not th real buttons.  Although, he might have got there.)  I turn away & Mel Led & Patrice begin to talk about how this guy had a man crush of me.  He kinda did.  Well, not what I expected, but none the less flattered.

That's New Year Eve.  Those most anticlimactic event every year. Next year, I'll go to bed at 2200.  It's the new year to on the east coast, right? Right.  That's good enuff for me.

Words to live by from THE Joey Ramone. See you in the future...

No comments: