Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chris Sabo

My (semi-) annual trips to Southern California includes a trips to...


They have a feature on their website, amoeba.com, called "What's in My Bag?"  Wishing to be stopped but no Amoeba Staff Member asked me what's in my bag, here's my adaptation.  (Their's is done way better, but I'll let you be the judge.) (All purchases are LPs or Records not Vinyls)

Here's my bag.

Chris Wollard & the Ship Thieves
2nd album from this group. Fronted by a mainstay in Hot Water Music. Great stuff. Hope it's as good as the 1st album.

The albums virgin spin on Maggie.

Cross My Heart
Band that came thru Logan in the late 90s, yes 90s. Off the great label Deep Elm. Look forward to hearing great emo from this.

Archers of Loaf
I began listen to Archers of Loaf thru the magic of FM Radio. Every Saturday, if I wasn't in SLC during High School (1996 & 1997), I turned in to KRCL 90.9 to listen to Tristen & Bernice (Not my Mom). These ladies gave me the gift of Archers of Loaf among others: Built to Spill & Halo Benders. Thank you. You were friends on those lonely weekends in Garland. With Archers of Loaf reissuing a few albums, I'm lucky enough to bring them into my collection.

Dead Moon
Great band. Saw them play in Las Vegas in 2000. They lit a candle, stuck it on the bass drum, & played till the candl bured out. They've since moved onto Pierced Arrows.

The Avett Brothers
Nuff said.

That's what's in my bag.

See yo in the future...

No comments: