Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Calgone... Take me away... (Sigh)

I'm sorry. I've been lazy to say the least about this. First, Thanksgiving has come & gone which in my mind is a relief. School is coming to a close. I just finished a final today, & I'll finish up next Tuesday. After, I'll hop in my car & begin some much needed time away from my life. I'll be seeing some of my favorite people... Lin, Melanie, John, Kelsi, Jake, Norah, Georgia, Tommy, Naomi, Uncle Walt, Cinderella, Snow White, Jasmine, Belle, Mickey, Minnie, Winnie, Tigger, Eyore, Goofy, Alice, & many, many more.

So... Just knowing Christmas is coming has got me in a funk. I don't know how to step out of it. It always comes the first sign of Christmas. Sadly, this year, it was right after Halloween. I try my hardest to ignore it, but some people & places want to always throw it in my face. I saw Santa on campus one night. He said, "Merry Christmas." I said, "It's November." I really don't know what has happened to me. I think I used to like the Holidays. Maybe, it's spending a few alone that has hardened me. Or the fact I was born 3 f---ing days after the fact. Ever had your returns from Christmas given back to you for your birthday with a TV Guide? I have. I swear to the good people of the internet, if I have kids (That's still up in the air in my mind.), I WILL NEVER HAVE A DECEMBER BABY. Yes, I'm yelling it. To me, it's just another day.

Off my box...

So with the end of the semester, I've started to accumulate the mass of books I will read. I'm hoping to read one a day, but it's not likely. I've accumulated a few & in need a few more. Here's what I'm gonna dive into on December 14th...



Those three so far... If you've got suggestions, send 'em. I've heard Hunger Games. I've picked it up many times, but the cover is la....me. Let me know.

I'll leave you with a top 10 band of mine. I talk about them a lot; it's because I luv them so much. If I could see them once a month, I'd be happy. I guess I'll settle for once or twice a year.


It's The Ettes. Plus, it's at The Ramones museum. I'm gonna have to put on my list of things to see.

Hope all is well.

See you in the future...

2 comments:

Tori said...

Hey when are oyu going to cali??? I have that thing for you to take...stop by anytime after 5!!!

P.S. I'm addicted to Hunger games, I have the books if you want to read, just saying!

MissLed said...

The other day Kissy mentioned a book that she is starting to read & I've added it to my list. It's called "Talking to girls about Duran Duran: One young man's quest for true love and a cooler haircut" - by Rob Sheffield. I don't know if the book is any good - but I'd buy it just for the title.