Monday, August 29, 2011

How I Spent My Summer Vacation (2011 Edition)...

As you know, I caught up on all my reading. I read well past my goal of 12 books. I don't think I read a bad book. If I might make one suggestion, the last book I read or (re-read) was 13 Reasons Why. If you haven't heard of this novel by Jay Asher, please do yourself a favor & pick it up. It's a moving book about a boy & a girl. I don't want to give you too much, but it is about suicide. If you can't handle it, I understand, but really, it's about so much more.

I spent 1.5 lovely days in August with my friends, The Wildes (Lin, Melanie, Norah, Tommy, & little girl in the oven.) To me, it wasn't enuff time, but what I did get, refreshed me. We spent a lovely afternoon at the childrens museum. It was fun to see the kids interact with other they didn't know. (I love people watching. I could do it all day, especially on campus.) One didn't like the crowds too much; the other was a little more outgoing. I miss all my friends everyday.

I spent a week or two geeking out on The Big Bang Theory. I'm all caught up through season 3. If 4 had been out, I'd be there. It'll have to stew till Christmas break. As will all the books I want to read.

I've recently returned to thrift store shopping. I've had some good fortune as you saw with the Unicorns. That hasn't stopped. I'll post more photos of my finds the last few time out, but here's a teaser...



With that, I'll leave you with The Jesus & Mary Chain. Wait for my favorite part at 1:13. They kill me.



See you in the future...

PS... Wish me luck this semester.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh Uncle Tom! We miss you every day too. That was definitely not enough time, but I felt better after some time with my people as well.
Big Bang Theory? I'll have to look into that one.