Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thursday, November 4th, 2010

First, I'd like to thank my friend/ niece Norah for making me smile lots since Tuesday. She told her mom, "Mama, I want to go to Disneyland with Uncle Tom and his glasses." Soon my friend, very soon. Actually, 6 weeks from today. I know I'm counting the days; I hope Norah is as well.

Norah & I outside the Monster's Inc. ride last year.

Nothing too spectacular has happened this last week. The highlight may be shaving the beard, although most of you have seen those pics. Um...

Friday, on a whim, I went to SLC to visit my brother Dave. He was lucky enough to have some art displayed at a blacklight party. Sadly, no pictures. I'm still missing my camera, but visit his etsy store, search Styer, Geek-lee-tistore. Very cool Star Wars pin-ups. I've got C3PO, & it's awesome.

Saturday, I rushed home from SLC to do homework. (BOOOOOOOOOOO!) On the way, I stopped at Target. (Time to jump on my soapbox. WHY the HELL Logan doesn't have a Target is beyond me. We've got 2 effin Wal-Marts. I know I'd probably switch my shopping style to shop exclusively at Target, groceries et al. Come on world, bring me a Target.) After, I met up with Niki & Doug at, where else, the DI. Found some cool stuff. I won't say what, but if asked, I'll tell. It's surprise for some one's Christmas. I went to the men's basketball game up on campus. If you've ever been to a game, you need to come. Unreal. It makes me happy to finally be a student at Utah State. Even happier that basketball is in full swing. Watch out for the Aggies.

Sunday, I went to the women's soccer game. I got to watch lovely ladies run around in short shorts. AND they were playing my second favorite school (I'd definately go there if I had the cash.) the University of Hawaii. I own fine amount of UH stuff thanks to Bernie & Bernice living on the island for a few years. I started to well up at the game as I was listening to "Pounding" by Doves. It's a great song. In fact...


Why did I begin to cry? Well, it was an Aggie soccer match that I realized I was a student last year. This year was/ has been a tough one at times. Still is to be honest, but I now have a job. It affords me the chance to visit my friends, go to concerts, buy records, go to school, & many, many more things. Just listening to this song & thinking about who I've become as a person make me appreciate everything & everyone a lot more. Be grateful for the things you all have.

Monday, I shaved the beard as you can see. (One previous post.)

Tuesday, Math class... (BOOOOOOOOOOO!) I got my test back, & did better than last time. What that means to you? I won't be joining the FB forces anytime soon. Sorry. You like the blog better anyway. Right?

Wednesday, nothing.

So to leave you, I've discovered these people covering a favorite band of mine, Kid Dynamite. I'd share them, but most wouldn't like, but I really enjoy these version.


If Laura or Andy see this (people above), I'll be at Amoeba 6 weeks from tomorrow.

I was lucky to see Kid Dynamite in Logan around 1999 or 2000. I wish I could see them now.

Another cover to leave you...


This girl is amazing. She has more than 50 videos of her singing some pretty great songs. Check her out. I'm a sucker for a girl singing. Keep it up.

Till the next time...

See you in the future...

PS... I've met a girl.

1 comment:

Tori said...

WHAT?! Tom I sure wish I would've read this before the game tonight so I could've gotten details..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!