Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Last Few Days...

I've got a lot of things running through my head lately. I'm sorry.  I've got to get these things out before I go crazy.  Here are a few things...

(Wanted "Going Crazy" by The Marked Men  This will work in it's stead...  "Fix My Brain")



Friday...  After the initial shock wore off, I fell asleep at 5:00 am.  Now, I don't know if it was the shock, the Dr. Pepper, or both.  I arose to face the day at 8:00ish.  Went through emails, responded to a few, showered, & got ready.  I left the house around 10:30.  I hadn't eaten since the afternoon before with Mandilyn.  I was/ am surving on Dr. Pepper.  I decided to eat at the Bluebird.  (I wanted to beat the rush before Sunday's Douche Bag gathering.  See Facebook for this one...)  I needed some comfort & some alone time.  Now, if you've been to the Bluebird, it's fallen on some hard times.  It might be one of the cool-est places in Logan, but the owner has let it go to shit.  Anyway, I ate & went to meet Mandilyn at the Cache County Fair.  I had a blast.  Just hanging with her & her two kids, Vincent & Avonlea (I hope that's right.)  Vin was loving the rides.  He was getting a kick out of them, but he loves the hydraulics of it all.  He hearts to face the apparatus & watch.  (Him to the right.)  His chicken also won a Blue Ribbon.  It was his kind of day.  I was with them up to about 3:00pm.  I came home & check a few things on the internet, emails mostly, but also Fantasy.  Jason asked if I wanted to see G.I. Joe.  Off we went.  It was okay.  I don't have Trasformers 2 to compare it to as being the worst thing ever, but I didn't hate it.  That's not to say I'll see it again.  NO WAY!  Go if you must, but there are holes everywhere.  After, Jason had heard we had some friends from Aaron in town from Colorado.They wanted to eat a Callaway's.  I said sure.  I've wanted to go there for awhile now.  It's in Smithfield about 5-7 miles North.  I really liked it, but our waitress was weird.  (That's the nice way to put it.)  She asked what I wanted to drink, "I said Dr. Pepper & keep 'em coming."  She did do that.  Afterwards, I raced to Why Sound (Newish venue here in town.  Can't say they'll ever get anybody of importance, but it's nice to have a place for local musicians to play.) to see The Castanettes play.  A local band from the greater Tremonton area.  I've known Chris through his brothers, Charles & Steven.  Family friends, for me, since the Summer of 1990.  I missed them, but I was able to snag their new CD.  It's really good.  It was even recorded & mixed by Steven.  That really is the end of Friday.

Saturday...  I talked to my friend Kiersten  (We go way go way back.  I've known her since 10th grade.  I always wanted to find a way to talk to her before then, but to no avail.  She moved to Tremonton in the 8th grade from SoCal.  We officailly met on our way to an assembly with Rikki (Ugh!)  We ended up sitting randomly next to each other.  I think I made a snide comment about something, & she laughed.  Friends since then.  One of the very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very few I still talked to from High School.  (Certain people excluded because I technically didn't talk to them till after high school.) ) the night before, & she offered to buy my ticket to the Warped Tour.  I told her I'd have to see how I sleep.  Well, I felt pretty good after waking on Saturday morning.  I decided to go.  Thursday morning I watched the Bad Religion DVD, Live at the Palladium.  (Best live DVD out there.  It's like I'm there, & they play all the hits.)  So, I was excited to see them play.  We get there, & I find out BR doesn't play till 8:15 pm.  It's 1:00ish at this point.  If you've ever gone to Warped Tour.  It's bloody hot, & you have to deal with
 all the idiots.  This year wasn't bad heat wise.  Although, I got a sun burn that makes me look like Two Face.  I'm pretty burnt on the left side of my face & normal on the right.  (As much I want to be Batman, I'll take Two Face.  At least I had Maggie Gillenhaul.  Right?)  We walk around for awhile.  The group (Some of Kiersten's friends came with us.) decide to go see The Architects.  Before, that I should mention I got Arturo Vega to sign a Ramones shirt for me.  Please wiki this & you'll know why this was important to me.  I really enjoyed to The Architects.  I even bought a CD.  I wish I'd run into them out & about.  Next, we saw Tat.  I seperated from the group; I wanted to take in everything.  See who was here & where it was.  I hear a girl singing.  My ears perk.  I look around & see Tat.  (Crappy name I know, but I think it's short for the singers name Tatiana.)  Now, girl singers/ girl groups are my love.  I don't know if it stems from being a lonely guy idolizing them, I guess.  Man, she was hot.  She got white hot (80's term) when I heard her talk.  Oh, that lovely British accent.  Man, oh man.  I snagged a CD during the second song from the bloke walking around with a box of them.  It's really good.  It'll take a few listens.  Think Joan Jett.  Speaking of Joan, they're making a Runaways movie.  They got Bella (I don't know her real name.) to play her when they could've got this lovely bird.  (Who's gonna play Lita?  I hope it's Ashley Tisdale! Serious.)  Now, I'm starting to ache at this point.  Not to mention the hip.  (It's another story.  Ask if you want to hear it.)  I'm no spring chicken as most of you know.  I had to sit & rest up.  Some of us went to a bowery to rest up.  Mostly for my sake.  While sitting there, I randomly run into a friend from Logan, I haven't seen in some time.  Chip Bullen.  Chip & I go way back.  One of first few I met when I moved over.  Actually, I probably met him before.  He knew my brothers from their Logan days.  We caught up while listening to Shad.  A hip hop artist from Canada.  Good.  I went over with Chip & co. for NOFX & Bouncing Souls.  NOFX played the Punk in  Drublic Album.  Which was good(?) for me because that's the only album I know.  It's all that really needs to be said about them.  Bouncing Souls was good to see.  I've known of them since '94, I think.  When they had Thanksgiving Dinner at 27 Punk Street.  They were touring on Good, the Bad, & the Argyle.  Now, look at them.  Now, we wait.  It's now 7:00ish.  I've got to sit through 3OH!3.  Why are these guys popular?  Now, it's finally here.  Bad Religion is up.  I got chills when they played Recipe for Hate.  



This is one of the songs that hooked me in 7th grade.  I can remember saving my lunch money for a month to see them in 11th grade.  Changed my life.  I bought a t-shirt & it mysteriously disappeared when it went through the wash the first time.  (Bernice?)  Great time.  They said they'd be back next year.  I'll believe when I see it.  I wish they'd played...



That's Saturday.

Sunday...  I woke up realizing my parents are 2 hours away not a 6 hour flight.  I showered & hopped in the car.  I stopped along the way at Target to use a gift card I got from work two years ago.  Used it up.  Went to Bernie & Bernice's in Sandy.  They were eating lunch.  Both were pretty excited to see me.  I ate lunch, & we talked.  I told them my plans.  They were very supportive of it.  (What's this you may ask?  You'll know when it happens.  Trust me.)  I left at 4:00 & meandered my way to Doug & Niki's new house in Mill Creek. Very nice.  I was worried upon initially seeing it in July, but very surprised by the it all.  Left there at 6:00 to see the Zombies.  Zombies, you ask?
My buddy Chris (I've known him 15 years now.) posted a link on Spacebook about it.  People are encouraged to dress up like Zomies & walk down 5th South in SLC.  AWESOME!  Also, saw a few friends I haven't seen in ages...  G & Julie.  I was just thinking about her the other day.  Good to see here after so long.

That's it really.  I'm sorry for the length.  I told you previously; I write novels.  Just look, I took up half your work day.  I'm sorry for the size of the photos too.  I took them with my phone. The battery had worn down on the Coolpix.

2 comments:

Gma Tisa said...

Come back anytime Tom!

Melanie said...

I love this. I feel like I just got to hang out with you for a day or so. Nice.
Also, the zombie thing is happening at our mall today. I just had some students leave to rush home and get all dolled up for it. Interesting.