Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh the New Year...

I've never been a fan of New Year's. I don't think I've gone out or did anything special since I've hit 30. This year I went to the basketball game and did laundry. I saw the ball drop in New York at 2200 my time & promptly went to bed. Actually, I went & read a book (Ranger's Apprentice #9, Halt's Peril... I highly recommend them if you are in need of some candy. Well written & fun characters that have grown before my eyes. The author's Australian; so I've had to wait a year between books to see what happens next.)

Anyway, New Year's always makes me think I want to happen in say 2011 that didn't in 2010. So here are a few things that I hope will happen in 2011... Hopefully, writing them here will help...

1- Date more... I say this every year. It still hasn't happened as much as I'd like. I'm just scared to death by it. It's just been easier to be by myself. I really like it, but that's what scares me. I plan I signing up for a online dating site that's not ldssingles.com. Any suggestions...

2- Get my savings rolling again... Before I was laid off I had quite a nest egg. It's now down to almost nil. It served me well, but I'll be happy when I can get where I want it. I'm still not spending one dollar bills or change. That seems to add up quick.

3- Remember school is still a high priority... I lost track of that fact. Fall semester didn't go as well as I'd like, but I passed. School & work is a lethal combo; I'd like to learn to cope with both.

4- Remember to be grateful for the things & people I have in my life. I get caught up in myself a lot. I try not to, but it's my nature.

5- Write more... I'm going to be posting life stories once a month. I need to get these down on "paper" before I forget.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Thank you for reading all of you...

See you in the future...




I've got to add this... Might be my new fav...