Thursday, October 21, 2010

So... Big Trucks Suck...

It's been too long since my last post . I thought I'd have more time; silly me. That time is spent trying to play catch up on my classes. I won't bore you with that. I've thought about how I'll update all of you that read this. Without FB, most of you don't know what's happening in my life so...

I haven't been feeling right the last few weeks. I've had a lot on my mind. I find when I'm tired, I'm more susceptible to my depression. With that said, I decided to take a few days & forget everything that needed to be done. I didn't go to class or do any homework. In a logical mind, was that the best thing? No. I'm hating things now, but it sure felt good. I took some time to get out of this beautiful valley. So many times when I'm in a funk, I find if I leave for a few days, clear my head; I can face life again. I needed to head south for some family business on Sunday. I went down on Saturday & visited my friend Ingrid & her awesome husband Aaron. It had been way to long since seeing them, a little over a year to be exact. (Actually, it was the same night I met my man crush.) Ingrid makes me feel so good about myself. I don't know what she says or does to make me feel like a million bucks. It was just what I needed at that time. We didn't do really anything; we just caught up on a years time. I introduced her to a new band, The Ettes. Next time they come to town(If they even come back. I wouldn't blame them if they didn't.), it'll be me & 4 of my friends. Hope to see her & Aaron real soon.

Last Thursday, I went down to Saltair (Ask me how excited I was to go there again?) to see Social Distortion. It was fun to again get out of town & spend some time with my buddies James & Matt. I even ran into a few I hadn't seen in ages: the Throwaway boys, Christine, & even Greg Mother Tucker. After, it was hell getting out of the parking lot. Once I finally got my car pointed the right direction, I decided to follow a big monster truck (If you live in Utah, these are common spectacles. I'm guessing it's short man's syndrome.) He stopped & walked back to me, "I'm parking it." "WHAT! WHY!" I yell in my head. Douche bag. I had to back up even more & risk running into another idiot. I've come to realize, again(Grew up with big trucks in T&G), in my life that 90% of the guys that drive these monster trucks are total douche bags. They probably wear white shoes. (Ask about my theory on that.) On the brighter side, I got to partake of the new In N Out in Centerville. They're getting closer. If they come up to Logan, I'm in trouble. The spare will start to inflate.

Yesterday, I got to spend time with my friends Mandilyn & Vincent. It was Vincent's birthday, & he wanted to ride the city bus with me. He had the time of his life. I haven't ridden the bus much this year. I'd forgotten about the high school kids always in the back, the crazies, & even some time the BO. Man, I needed some coffee beans to cleanse my pallet after yesterday's aroma. I can smell it now, as I think about it. Just know you'll get some or all with the CVTD. Sometimes, a cute girl will even get on. (It didn't happen yesterday; I'm just sayin'.)

To leave you... I've been listening to this nonstop in my car...



I wish I had been at the show in LA with my friends Mel & Lin. Next time, I swear.

And...


See you in the future...

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I am happy to hear the time out did some good. Having to be someplace I don't really want to be pushes me downhill pretty quickly too. I am HATING my job right now. I am only there two and half days a week and I'd still rather stay home and slam my fingers in the door all day. It's not good for me to feel this way for too long.
Thank heavens I am still on a high from seeing Mumford and Sons a week ago! Seriously best ever! We need to make sure you get their show at the next possible opportunity.