Thursday, February 28, 2008

Red Dress '08





So...  Saturday night went a social event.  I know, the introvert that I am.  I went out for the night.  I was asked to help with Red Dress 2008.  What's "Red Dress" you ask?  It's only the social event of the year.  I'd never heard of it before last month.  Jess (Dave's girlfriend/ Dave above) asked if I'd help.  She needed a sober person at the door.  There's a couple of things that you have to do before we'd let you in.  First, you had to be 21.  Second, you had to have a ticket.  Last, you had to wear a red dress.  Guys too.  I don't think; I know I've never seen so many guys in drag.
I even helped with the DJ.  If you look closely, the far record player is mine.



Some of my friends that were there.  Top:  Nikki (Doug/ Chopper's Girlfriend)  She was getting a picture of me; the same time I was getting a picture of her.  I didn't get one of Doug.  I wanted to, but manning the door was a full time job.  He looked good.  He wore his normal cowboy get-up.  A red bandana print skirt with a red cowboy shirt & a bolo tie.  Middle...  Charles...  Bottom:  Leah, Christine, Shane, & Bryce...

Sadly, no pictures of me.  And no, I didn't wear a red dress.  (What with these birthing hips?  Are you kidding me?  Maybe a Moo Moo.  I'll have to get Bernice to send me one for next year.)  I wore jeans with white button up shirt, black tie, and black sweater.  I thought I looked pretty damn good, but not good enough to land me some tail.  

Surprisingly, I had a lot of fun.  I say "surprisingly" because I usually don't.  I'm pretty shy in these kinds of situations.  This time I let it all go.  I wasn't going to see most of these people again.  I'd like to thank Leah & Christine for hanging out with me most of the night.  True pals.

Another thing... Happy Birthday my Grandma & my good friend Jill.
 
'Til next time...

5 comments:

MissLed said...

Bouncer Tom! I love it. Looks like a cool party.

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

dang. i was really hoping to see a picture of you in your red dress! :) looks like fun...

Tori said...

YEAH, I WAS HOPING TO SEE THE RED DRESS TOO... HA HA!! Sounds like a fun event...

Melanie said...

You mean to tell me you really couldn't find some hot little red number to wear to this hella-dope-rager?

Amy said...

hi tom.

from,
amy