Friday, January 2, 2009

52 Books in 52 Weeks...

One goal for '08 was to read 52 books for 52 weeks of the year.  How close did I come?  42-1/2.  
Here's the top 5 or so (no particular order):

Looking for Alaska
An Abundance of Katherines
Paper Towns
-by John Green
(Brilliant Young Adult Novels with a mysterious girl character, & the guy whose out to find them.)

Ranger's Apprentice Series:
The Ruins of Gorlan
The Burning Bridge
The Icebound Land
The Battle for Skandia (the 1/2)
-by John Flanagan
(Excellent Fantasy novels.  Follows the adventures of young Will, the Ranger's Apprentice...)

Spud-The Madness Continues...
- by John van de Ruit
(I've raved about Spud, the first of this series.  This, here, is the second.  Seriously, laugh out loud funny.  I busted a gut many times.  Rain Man is hilarious, but all of Spud's cohorts are a scream.  READ THESE!  Nuff said.)

The Wednesday Wars
-Gary D. Shimdt
(Magnificent book about growing up.)

Click
-Mult. Authors
(Ten Authors collaborate on one novel.  They each take a turn at writing from a different perspective.  Really put together nicely.)

There's many more, but these are some of my favs.  As you see there's a theme, Young Adult.  Maybe, I'm trying to escape back to those times & see it from a different perspective.  Maybe not.  I do know I'm trying to escape.  I don't know what from, but there's something...

PS...  One thing (many) I didn't like were the Twilight books.  Boo!  Sorry ladies.  (See earlier posts...)



1 comment:

Gma Tisa said...

What a good goal! Glad you're alive and blogging.